These traditional potato pancakes are wonderful comfort food. Serve with applesauce and sour cream for a light dinner, or with roast chicken for a hearty winter meal.
Servings: 6 servings
Total Time: 35m
Prep Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 25m
- 4 large potatoes
- 5 cup water
- 1 yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions1. Peel the potatoes, cut each potato into 4 pieces, put them in a soup pot and boil for 10 minutes, drain, and cool in a large glass bowl for 5 minutes.
2. Finely grate onion into the glass bowl.Add 1/4 cup water in it.Mix in egg,pepper,vanilla,salt, 2 to 3 tablespoons flour and pepper to make the mixture thick.
3. Heat 1/4 inch oil in the bottom of a 7 Holes Pancake Maker over medium-high heat. Drop two or three 1/4-cup mounds of batter into hot oil, and flatten with back of a spatula to make 1-inch-thick pancakes. Fry, turning pancakes once, until golden brown.
4. Preheat the Sakuchi air fryer to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
5. Add pancakes to an air fryer and cook for 3 minutes. Turn pancakes and cook for another 3 minutes until pancakes is medium rare.
6. Remove pancakes, keep warm, and let sit for about 4 minutes before serving.