Crispy Fried Calamari
Fried calamari is super easy to make at home, crispy golden fried calamari that tastes even better than restaurant-made! Do it now!
Servings: 3 servings
Total Time: 55m
Prep Time: 40m
Cooking Time: 15m
- 1.2 pounds squid rings and tentacles
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil for frying
Directions1. Put the squid and buttermilk together in a bowl and stir to combine. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Combine flour, salt, paprika, pepper, and garlic powder in a medium bowl; stir to combine.
3. Remove each piece of squid from the buttermilk and dredge in the flour. Repeat the process until all parts are coated.
4. In the Sakuchi deep frying pan, heat 3-4 inches of oil to 375°F.
5. Put 8-10 pieces of squid in the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove the squid from the oil and drain it on paper towels. Repeat the process to fry the remaining squid.
7. Sprinkle the fried squid with extra salt and chopped parsley at the end. Serve immediately.