Steamed Mussels With Garlic and Parsley
Simply mussels for a simply wonderful meal. Serve with slices of fresh crusty bread to soak up the delicious broth.
Servings: 6 servings
Total Time: 25m
Prep Time: 15m
Cooking Time: 10m
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lime, diced
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 10 pounds mussels, cleaned and debearded
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ground black pepper to taste
Directions1. In the Sakuchi deep fry pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallots and saute until translucent.
2. Pour in wine and mussels. Raise heat to medium/high and steam mussels until shells open, about 5 minutes.
3. Pour mussels, lime, and cooking liquid into a serving bowl, and sprinkle with parsley and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve immediately.