Spanish Family Fragrant Beef Stew
This delicious beef stew is a traditional beef stew common in family. It has a delicious sauerkraut flavor along with tender beef and vegetables.
Servings: 13 servings
Total Time: 2h 20m
Prep Time: 30m
Cooking Time: 1h 50m
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 pounds stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 10 cups water
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces, or to taste
- ¼ cup cornstarch
Directions1. Heat oil in the Sakuchi Pressure Cooker over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir until browned, about 10 minutes. Add garlic; cook until aromatic, 2 to 3 minutes. Add wine; cook until the alcohol has cooked off, about 5 minutes. Add sauerkraut and onions; cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Pour 10 cups of water into the pot. Add tomato paste, salt, sugar, bay leaves, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium-low. Cover and cook stew until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
3. Place carrots into the stew; cook until slightly tender, about 10 minutes. Add potatoes; cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Mix cornstarch and 1/4 cup water together in a bowl; add to the stew. Let simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes.