Apple Pie with the Best Filling
A classic apple pie recipe with an irresistible homemade apple pie filling. From the best flaky pie crust to a generous saucy center! If you love apples, this apple pie is a must-try! You'll love the crispy pie crust and the apple pie filling will blow your mind.
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (2), softened
- 3 pounds of apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions1. Preheat the oven to 420°F.
2. Melt the butter in the SAKUCHI 2QT Saucepan. Add 3 tablespoons of flour and stir, then simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add 1/4 cup water, and 1 cup sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, then remove from heat.
3. Put the apple slices into a large bowl. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of cinnamon on top and toss to coat. Pour the butter mixture over the apples and toss to coat.
4. Place 1 pie crust in an ungreased 9-inch glass pie pan. Press firmly on the sides and bottom.
5. Roll the second pie crust into a circle, then use a pizza cutter to cut into 10 strips of even thickness. Arrange the strips in a woven plaid pattern on top.
6. Whisk together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water and brush the top with the egg mixture.
7. Bake in the center of the oven for 20 minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 350°F and continue to bake for 45 minutes or until apples are tender. Chill for about 1 hour before serving!