Cream of Mushroom Soup
Rich cream of mushroom soup that trumps any canned food. This creamy mushroom soup uses cream cheese to beautifully thicken this delicious soup.
Servings: 2 servings
Total Time: 1h 15m
Prep Time: 10m
Cooking Time: 1h 5m
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces package of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sherry
Directions1. Thinly slice the mushroom caps, discarding the stalks.
2. Melt butter in a large, heavy Sakuchi saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Add salt, pepper, and thyme; cook and stir until combined, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, and cream cheese.
4. Reduce heat to a low simmer and pour in sherry. Cook, stirring constantly, until flavors are well incorporated, about 45 minutes.