Corn Vegetable Salad
This delicious salad works well as a side or on its own. It's especially good in summer when hot summers are good for a refreshing dish.
Servings: 3 servings
Total Time: 30m
Prep Time: 15m
Additional Time: 15m
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tomato
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocados - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Directions1. Cut tomatoes lengthwise into quarters and gently give them a squeeze to remove some of the seeds and excess liquid. Slice the tomatoes thinly and place them into a large bowl.
2. To prepare the dressing, place olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, brown sugar, and pepper in a small container with a lid. Shake well to blend.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together baby salad greens, tomato, onions, corn , and dressing. Sprinkle avocado with lemon juice, and toss into the mixture. Toss to coat and adjust salt if needed. Serve immediately.