Simple Sushi Rolls
A very tasty basic sushi roll!
Servings: 2 servings
Total Time: 5h
Prep Time: 30m
Additional Time: 4h 30m
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 10 ounces smoked salmon, cut into long strips
- 3 tablespoons wasabi paste
Directions1. Soak rice for 4 hours. Put the rice into a large, deep bowl. Pour in cold water and knead the rice with your hands until the water turns milky. Pour out the cloudy water, being careful not to pour out the rice. Repeat 3 or 4 times until you can see the rice through 3 inches of water.
2. Drain the rice through a fine strainer and place it in a saucepan with 3 cups of water. Allow cooling for 30 minutes.
3. As soon as the rice is cooked, mix 5 tablespoons of rice vinegar with the hot rice. Spread the rice on a plate until completely cooled.
4. Place a sheet of seaweed on a bamboo mat, and then press a thin layer of cold rice on the seaweed. Leave at least 1/2 inch of seaweed uncovered on top and bottom edges. This is for easier sealing later. Order some mustard over the rice. Add cucumber, avocado, and smoked salmon to rice. Place them about 1 inch from the bottom edge of the seaweed.
5. Wet the top edge of the seaweed slightly. Roll from bottom to top edge with the help of a bamboo mat. Cut the rolls into 6 equal pieces and serve. Repeat for other volumes.